Skip to main content

Review: Sizzling Stonegrill @ Aeon Tebrau City, Johor Bahru

Sizzling Stonegrill is a place where you can grill meat on a hot stone. I ordered Beef Tenderloin Steak which is priced at RM42.90 and you can choose 2 side orders. The prices of the side orders are listed and some are at least 2x the price of other side dishes so you can choose the most expensive side orders to make your money worth lol.

It was my treat so I let my boyfriend chose the side orders and he chose mashed potatos and french fries. Two potato side dishes wtf.



Since it is DIY, you can cook the beef up to the level of rawness you like. I have mine cooked well done, which means fully cooked because I had a stomachache yesterday and don’t want to risk getting another one today.

While the beef was cooking, I tasted the mashed potatoes first. I didn’t like it. It had a slight soapy aroma which doesn’t exactly make me felt like eating soap. Rather, I suspect the soapiness was from certain herbs or spices. The gravy was black pepper-based which helped to mask that soapiness.

As for the French fries, it was okay but definitely not the best I have tried. I think even McDonald’s French fries are better.

I would say the beef is good enough for Malaysian standards. I used to think the beef was good until I tasted the beef in Japan and got mindblown. The steak at Sizzling Stonegrill doesn’t have that strong beef stench. It has a ‘bloody’ smell though but it’s still good enough for me.

I would come here again if I crave for beef and I happen to be at the mall. It’s a good alternative to BBQ and steamboat, and you get to pass time.



Comments