Skip to main content

Review: Oregi Restaurant @ SS15, Subang Jaya

Oregi Restaurant is a very popular restaurant in Subang because the restaurant offers cheap Middle Eastern food and Shisha, so it is kinda like a more upscale version of mamak. And which student has not tried Shisha before? I've tried shisha before but I don't see what is so fun with it but then clubbing is similarly boring to me, so that's why I'm not popular. #nerd

It was my first time trying hummus and I love it! Hummus is that beige creamy thing. It is great when you don't want something too flavorful. I was craving for something without a strong taste and this dish was perfect for me. If you're bored with rotis, try this.

oregi restaurant ss15 hummus review

The roasted chicken kabsa rice comes with some spicy sambal and peppery soup. I'm not a huge fan of fried chicken so this was just okay for me. The sambal made up for it though.

oregi restaurant ss15 roasted chicken kabsa rice review

I can't remember the name of this dish but it must be lamb something. Maybe it's Lamb Haneeth Kabsa rice. It's my favorite among the heavy meals ordered that day. Lamb is usually a hit or miss to me because of the smell but I surprisingly like this dish.

ss15 oregi restaurant Lamb Haneeth Kabsa rice review

This is Shashuka which is an Arabic style of omelette. I don't recommend this unless you share it with others because you will get jelak of this easily. Maybe because the egg is too oily so it feels heavy.

ss15 Oregi Restaurant Shashuka review

So the gist here is that you should order the lamb rice and hummus. The spaghetti is supposedly popular too but I didn't try it as it looks quite plain to me.

Comments