Skip to main content

Review: HELLO! by Kitchen Mafia @ Happy Mansion, Section 17, Petaling Jaya

HELLO! by Kitchen Mafia is owned by 2 well-known Malaysian chefs Johnny Fua & Sherson Lian. I actually had not heard of them prior to knowing the existence of Kitchen Mafia as I had not been in tune with the entertainment news in Malaysia but apparently those chefs are really popular here and that one of them is a celebrity chef.

The food at HELLO! by Kitchen Mafia is a fusion of East meet West, and you will be able to see many original ideas here. If you want to try unique food you can't find anywhere else, HELLO! by Kitchen Mafia is one cafe you should explore.



I ordered the Beef Ragout Pasta because I have no idea what ragout means. Yes, I'm adventurous like that so you can easily fool me into ordering things but giving them strange names that don't sound obviously made up. The beef pasta costs RM28.

Beef is always a hit or miss to me because some beef has a strong unpleasant smell. It was risky for me to order beef pasta but I took the risk because since this cafe is operated by high profile chef, the beef better be good.

The verdict? It's hella good. Ok, I was hungry but this pasta is really delicious. It doesn't have that unpleasant beef scent and it is a good combination of Chinese and Western. It is something I would crave for. As I'm typing this right now, I'm not craving for it though as I have just eaten.

I would give this 5/5 stars. If you actually bother to read other posts I have written so far, I never gave any rating because it is not really easy to give a rating for things I don't really like because I might end up giving an unfair rating when compared to each other. This beef pasta, however, is something I really love so I can easily give it full marks.

I would definitely revisit HELLO! by Kitchen Mafia again to try out the other food on the menu. There is definitely a difference when the food is cooked by renowned chefs. I think the price is reasonable too when you consider that they have been prepared by skillful chefs, and the food is unique and good. I wonder what Chef Wan's cooking would taste like.


Comments