Skip to main content

Review: Yut Kee Restaurant @ Jalan Kamunting, Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur

Yut Kee Restaurant is very popular in Kuala Lumpur and it is one of the restaurants you must try. It has an old kopitiam design and you would usually have to wait around 30 minutes to get a seat. You would often have to share a table with others too.

The most popular dish is undeniably the Hainanese Pork Chop. I highly recommend it. The potatoes are delicious too but they are like 4/5 cooked? The inside of the potatoes seem just a tad raw, but it could be just me. There is also Hainanese Chicken Chop but I don't recommend it because it is more tasteless. I always prefer pork over chicken because pork tastes more flavorful to me. Basically, whatever chicken dish would taste better to me if you replace the chicken with pork. If you prefer chicken, then you could try the Hainanese Chicken Chop instead. If you're a no pork no life kind of person, go for the Hainanese Pork Chop! #babisquad

yut kee hainanese pork chop

I was sitting opposite a college girl who said she's from The One Academy, and she ordered a whole lot of stuff just to be enjoyed by herself. I stared at her food with bewilderment and she offered me to try the roast pork roll she ordered. From my experience, artsy fartsy people tend to be so open minded so I just accepted her kind offer and tried it. It tasted quite salty to me so I didn't like it. There's no pic because I was embarrassed to snap a stranger's food (but not embarrassed to taste their food huh!).

yut kee beef noodles

I don't think the beef noodles at Yut Kee are popular but I stupidly ordered it because I was stupidly adventurous. Well, I hated it because it had a strong beef stench. What was I thinking? I hate the smell of typical beef and could only enjoy high quality beef like the one I had in Japan which did not have that gross beef stench. I don't recommend the beef noodles unless you like the smell of beef!

Another regular order of mine when I'm at Yut Kee is the bread toast with kaya. I think the kaya is handmade because it is delicious. No pic because I was stupidly forgetful sometimes.

Overall, I highly recommend this place and will always be happy to come again.



Comments