Skip to main content

Review: Morningwood Cafe @ SS15, Subang Jaya

Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass, stumbling upon Morningwood Cafe. Yeah doesn't rhyme at all, but whatever. With such a hipster name which follows the trend of many emerging cafes in Klang Valley in recent years, this cafe is certain to attract the young crowd who likes to try out food at new cafes (AKA me).

The names of the dishes have a sexual connotation to them, like Ozawa, Yamate, Tentacles, etc but I ordered the boringly named black pasta which is a squid ink-based pasta. Oh, come on. I could think of many naughty things associated with 'black' such as black ____ and black ____ (insert the blanks by yourself) so they could definitely do better than naming all their pastas a boring color. Don't spoil the party, man!

  morningwood cafe ss15 black pasta review

While it looks disgusting, it doesn't taste so. I think it is a combo of tomato pasta with squid ink because the sauce has that sourish taste of tomato pasta. I love pasta and basically any decent pasta is enough to make me happy, so I'm satisfied with this meal.

Comments