Skip to main content

Review: Uncle Don's @ SS2 Petaling Jaya

I heard that SS2 is a popular area for food, so while food-hunting in this area, I spotted Uncle Don's which is filled with customers. Like a kiasu, I joined the waiting list.

There were so many people so sometimes you would have to share a table with others. My boyfriend did not feel comfortable to share a table so we waited longer until there were 2 seats available at the bar area.

Upon looking at the menu, I instantly knew why this place was popular. The price of food and drinks are considered low for a cafe. For instance, the price of a glass of Milo is RM2.80 which is comparable to the price at Mamak stalls. Most cafe in Klang Valley would charge you more than RM2.80 for a glass of Milo.

The realisation that the popularity of this cafe is attributed to its low price kind of made my heart sank as I was looking for good food and not a bang for the buck. Nevertheless, I still have some hope and ordered Chef Pizza and Babi Asam with rice.

uncle don's ss2 chef pizza review

Can you believe that this pizza is only around RM10?? It tastes so-so but it is really value for money.

uncle don's ss2 babi asam

This Babi Asam with rice is also around RM10. It's a Baba Nyonya dish of pork belly with tamarind. The chef is a Malaccan so there are some Malaccan dishes on the menu. Again, it was nothing to shout about but it does not taste bad either.

I would highly recommend this place for students and for those on a budget. It is a nice change from mamak stalls. You can have a great time here with friends if you don't place too high importance on the food. The environment is fun and it is definitely a nice place to hang out at.

Comments